- 1 Best In Ground Basketball Hoops:
- 2 The Best In-Ground Basketball Hoops [2021 Reviews]
- 2.1 1. Lifetime Adjustable Basketball Hoop (best 54 in ground basketball hoop)
- 2.2 2. Pro Dunk Platinum: In-Ground Adjustable Outdoor Basketball Goal Hoop
- 2.3 3. Lifetime 90020 Height Adjustable In-Ground Basketball System (top rated)
- 2.4 4. Spalding NBA In-Ground Basketball System (Under $600)
- 2.5 5. Goalrilla GS54 In-Ground Basketball Hoop
- 2.6 6. Silverback 54″ In-Ground Height Adjustable Basketball System
- 2.7 7. Spalding NBA Aluminum Trim Glass Backboard In-Ground Basketball System
- 2.8 8. Hercules Platinum – Fixed Height In-ground Basketball Hoop
- 2.9 9. Best In Ground Basketball Hoop under $500:
- 2.10 10. Best In Ground Basketball Hoop under $1000:
- 2.11 11. Best In Ground Basketball Hoop under 300:
- 3 Factors to Consider When Purchasing an In-Ground Basketball Hoop:
- 4 Safety Tips to Keep in Mind While getting in Ground Basketball Hoop
- 5 Best In-Ground Basketball Hoops [FAQ’s]
- 6 Final Verdict
Best In Ground Basketball Hoops:
- Best Overall: Pro Dunk Platinum
- Best Budget-Friendly: Lifetime 90020
- Best Value: Spalding NBA In-Ground Basketball System
- Most Durable: Goalrilla GS54
- Best 54 in ground basketball hoop: Lifetime Adjustable Basketball Hoop
Sports are a great way to combine fun with exercise, and they are of vital importance for both young and adults. In modern times like today where everything has become digital, it has drastically changed the lives of humans compared to how they used to live. Screen time of kids has increased massively and they spend hours lying on the sofa in front of the TV or playing video games.
Introducing a fun activity like basketball in their lives, will reduce their screen time, improve their physical health and also develop a love for the sport. Installing a best in-ground basketball hoop in your driveway or lawn can prove to be of great use.
Not only kids, but even adults can also enjoy a quick shot match after a hard day at work, and enjoy that much-needed break. Playing a sport with your kids is a thrilling experience and can help you develop a stronger bond with them while having physical exercise on the side.
If you relate and agree to what we are saying and planning to install a permanent basketball hoop, then we have got you covered. Our team has prepared a list of ten best in-ground basketball hoops for you after thorough research on the grounds of quality, versatility, price and durability.
We have in detail mentioned all the features, and created a buying guide and answered all the frequently asked questions that concern consumers the most. By the end of the article, you will be able to pick a model that suits your needs and budget. Check out our entire list of options below:
The Best In-Ground Basketball Hoops [2021 Reviews]
1. Lifetime Adjustable Basketball Hoop (
Taking up the first spot in our list is the lifetime adjustable in-ground basketball hoop which features a 54-inch professional-looking polycarbonate backboard that is virtually unbreakable.
It is one of the sturdiest and the most durable basketball hoops for players as it has the height-adjustment feature that makes it usable for a really long time. Hence, not just you but your kids can enjoy it as well as they grow up.
The strong rim makes shard dunking more enjoyable due to the presence of double compression rings, which is ideal for the players who have a strong dunk. The backboard is blow-molded, which is created with the highest quality Makrolon Polycarbonate to offer ultimate protection against the drop of the ball.
Not only is the hoop shatterproof, but also it is technically created for high-intensity playing. The pole is crafted with steel and coated with powder to provide support to the entire structure. The kit does not have a complex set up, and thus it can be assembled individually without any assistance.
The steel pole and rims are coated with powder to offer protection against rust and corrosion. The Lifetime Adjustable hoops can be fixed to the ground with cement. The net is composed of long-lasting and durable nylon which can sustain any type of shooting. Check its specifications below:
- Five years of warranty
- 87.4 lbs of weight
- 54 X 33 X 1 Inch product dimension
- Weather resistance body
- Shatterproof Makrolon Polycarbonate backboard
- Slam-It like a Pro rim
- Powder-coated steel rim and pole
- Adjustment in the power lift
- 7.5 ft to 10 ft of height adjustment feature
2. Pro Dunk Platinum: In-Ground Adjustable Outdoor Basketball Goal Hoop
If you are just getting started in your search for the best in-ground basketball hoop 72″, this product deserves your attention. It is the perfect goal to have at your place if you have a big driveway or a dedicated backyard for it since it has a pretty big backboard.
The in-ground basketball hoop from Pro Dunk Platinum comes with a height-adjustable system that can lower the rim of up to 5.5 feet. This makes it perfect for those kids who cannot shoot a regular goal of 10 feet.
The hoop is made up of a 72-inch backboard that will remain completely unfazed by a strong impact of the basketball, providing an outstanding playing experience like never before. Pro Dunk Platinum in-ground hoop offers an overhang of up to 4 feet that allows the user for a more under the rim action.
The backboard is made up of half an inch tempered glass along with an 8X 6 inches support pole makes it one of the best in-group hoops without any shaking or rattling. The massive pole gives a rock-solid play for high performance and hard dunk.
Moreover, the lifetime warranty of Pro Dunk Platinum product is available for a limited time that covers all the intensive basketball playing, including hanging and dunking. A strong quad spring assistance system and dual canister neutralize the backboard weight.
This basketball hoop from Pro dunk is made up of high-quality materials that are ideal for the driveway court to last for a lifetime.
- 108 x 84 x 24 inches product dimension
- 8X 6 inches pole
- The rim can be lowered to 5.5 feet
- The quad spring assistance system
- Dual canister
- Lifetime warranty (limited offer)
- 4 feet overhung
- Adjustable height from 5.5 to 10 feet
- Half inch thick tempered glass
- 72-inch backboard
3. Lifetime 90020 Height Adjustable In-Ground Basketball System (top rated)
If you are a beginner but still want that professional feeling while playing basketball and also looking for a budget-friendly basketball system then this one is the perfect option for you. It doesn’t matter whether you want a system to do some serious shooting practise or just to have recreational fun, this will fulfil all your needs.
This in-ground 90020 adjustable hoop from Lifetime comes along with a nylon net and pole pad for easy adjustment with just one hand. It includes a strong steel pole with adjustment for action grip to make the game experience safe and more enjoyable.
The rim is composed of ½ inches of braces made of steel and 5/8 inches of solid steel. It is well built to handle professional hard dunks of the games. Also, the rim is resistant from any kind of rust that will prevent the accumulation of the substance with time.
Moreover, the backboard of Lifetime In-Ground Basketball System is made up of shatterproof fusion material that makes it an outclass selection considering the standard and quality of the basketball hoop. Also, setting up the system is quite easy, just like baking a pie. It offers an adjustment of the height from 7.5 feet to 10 feet.
The 3.5-inch pole is coated with a powder that provides a corrosion-free pole, which comes with a guarantee from the company only. Also, the whole 90020 adjustable basketball system comes with five years of warranty from the manufacturers.
The backboard also comes with graphics that does not fade away with time due to its resistance quality. It has an overhang of 22 inches, which is small but sturdy. These hoops are best for the kids who are greater than 13 years of age. Below are some of the specifications mentioned.
- Height adjustment is from 7.5 to 10 feet
- Five years of warranty
- Professional glass look
- Rust and corrosion-resistant
- Powder-coated 3.5 inch round pole
- 22 inches overhung
- Simple one-hand adjustment
- 5/8 inches of a durable steel ring
- 18 inch of the rim
- Fusion shatterproof backboard
4. Spalding NBA In-Ground Basketball System (Under $600)
Spalding is one of the official sponsors of the NBA ball games. So when they are introducing an in-ground basketball hoop, They will be going to put their brand name only on the high-quality products and that too along with their logo. The glass backboard of this system offers the highest bounce to the users compared to the polycarbonate or acrylic ones.
The 4 inch of diameter and two-piece steel pole offers maximum stability and sturdiness by creating a solid base through mounting in the ground. The model comes with a height adjusting feature from 7.5 to 10 feet due to the U-turn system for the lifting and easy adjustment. The lift can also be removed from the handle to prevent any accidents from happening.
The backboard of the basketball hoop from Spalding comes with an offset of 2 feet distance from the pole for easier under the basket game balls without any hitch. The backboard is almost 34 inches in height and 60 inches wide with an aluminum edge around the corner.
Moreover, the backboard is also supported with a 0.25-inch glass for extra durability. The breakaway rim comes with a Pro-Image that makes it safer to hard dunk the ball without getting injured while playing. The stainless steel rim is extremely robust that can withstand any weather conditions.
- Lift system with U-turn
- An adjustment from 7.5 to 10 feet of height
- Breakaway rim with Pro-Image
- 2 feet offset backboard from the pole
- Easy under the basket games
- 60 inches of glass backboard
- 2 inches 4X4 steel pole
- Anchor system facility
- Easy installation
5. Goalrilla GS54 In-Ground Basketball Hoop
Goalrilla hoop systems are considered as one of the best home in-ground basketball hoops due to their quality, durability, and competitive market price. The design of GS54 is compact, along with a 54 inches backboard that is made up of tempered glass. The hoop is perfect for driveways that can fit up to two cars.
The backboard offers a clear image and view of the arena to give a feel of the NBA stadium. The ball produces nice rebounds by bouncing off the backboard. The main thumb rule of choosing an ideal in-ground basketball hoop is to choose a wide pole that will vibrate less. And the hoop system from Goalrilla GS54 does not disappoint us from this point of view.
The pole is 5X5 inches, which is more than enough to deliver a sturdy base. Also, the pole is rust-resistant as it is well coated with powder. There is an offset of 2.5 feet from the pole that allows you to play well under the hoop.
Besides, GS54 comes with an anchor system to make the transportation of the system much easier. They are also provided with rebar rods to make the system more supportive and strong. The breakaway rim is so tough, which makes it ideal for hand dunks. The crack actuator allows the user to adjust the height of the rim from 7.5 feet to 10 feet.
- 54-inch backboard
- Tempered glass backboard
- Crank actuator for height adjustment
- Rim can be adjusted from 7.5 ft to 10 ft
- Compression breakaway rim
- Ideal for a small driveway
- Powder-coated pole
- Rust and corrosion-resistant
- Anchor system can dismount the pole
- Rebar rods for additional support
6. Silverback 54″ In-Ground Height Adjustable Basketball System
Another basketball system for beginners is this one from silver. It is perfect for those who are looking for a high-quality backboard they can use for practising and taking their shooting game a level higher.
The base anchors of the in-ground basketball hoop from Silverback can be cemented into the concrete to give support to the system even in the extremely windy conditions. The base can also be unbolted and removed if you need to move the entire system somewhere else.
An under padding is present in the 54 inches backboard, which is composed of a 5 mm thick tempered glass. This padding protects the player from getting injured while making a goal. The breakaway rim of this system is extremely durable and flexible to play with strong dunks. This means you do not have to worry about the backboard or the rim getting damaged or shattered.
The pole is well coated with Dupont powder to protect it from rusts with time. There is also paint at the pole bottom from Dupont to safeguard the hoop from corrosion.
The rim height can be lowered to a minimum of 7.5 feet to a maximum of 10 feet. The package of the basketball hoop from Silverback comes with all the installation parts like anchor plates, bolts, and nuts with a 5-year warranty from the company.
All the STM standards have been maintained while building this masterpiece to preserve all the safety procedures while adjusting the rim height. An actuator crank is implied at the pole back to begin and control the process. The pole, which is made of stainless steel, can be divided into two parts, making it easier to remove or put it together.
- 54 inch wide and 33-inch deep backboard
- Backboard composed of 5mm tempered glass
- Breakaway rim
- Height adjustment of 7.5 to 10 feet
- Anti-corrosion due to paint from Dupont
- Overhanging of the hoop of up to 2 feet
7. Spalding NBA Aluminum Trim Glass Backboard In-Ground Basketball System
Spalding NBA is created to fulfill all the needs of the basketball players by providing secure standing to the earth and by staying unbroken during hard dunks. The transparent backboard is made up of a pro-image breakaway rim that makes it suitable for all those flying dunks.
The nylon net of the hoops makes it sturdy to go a long way, even with the adverse weather conditions. The 54 inches backboard is composed of tempered glass with a frame made of steel board and aluminum case. The entire hoop system is waterproof and has a detachable handle to make the installation easier.
The Spalding NBA 54 inch basketball hoop is one of the best in-ground basketball hoops that are extremely easy to install. The system is provided with a ground sleeve that assists the user to disassemble and assemble the hoop without any problem. As a result of this, the pole is firmly attached to the ground.
And the best part is that the hoop is composed of stainless steel and offers average rust resistance against water or rains. The products will arrive at your doorstep with a warranty of 5 years from the company. There is a U-turn lifting system for the adjustment of the rim from 7.5 to 10 feet distance. ()
- Easy to install
- Breakaway rim
- Five years of warranty
- Tempered glass 54-inch backboard
- All-weather resistance nylon net
- Hard aluminum frame in the backboard
- The ground sleeve is present
- Height adjustment of the rim from 7.5 to 10 feet
- U-turn system for lifting
8. Hercules Platinum – Fixed Height In-ground Basketball Hoop
An all-rounder and the best in-ground basketball hoop when compared to others mentioned in the list. Hercules Platinum is the only basketball hoop system in this list that comes with a fixed height of the hoop. The rim of this system is so strong that there will be no rattling of the hoop after shots or even after hard dunking. The hoop is fixed at the height of 10 feet with a 4 feet overhang.
Thus Hercules Platinum is suitable only for the kids above 15 years of age. The backboard is 54 inches and 32 inches deep and is made up of half an inch of tempered glass to offer extra sturdiness to the product. With a 6X6 pole, there is an overhang of 48 inches for the players.
This Hoop from Hercules is a monster as it weighs more than 300 lbs. This in-ground basketball system comes with a lifetime warranty to ensure you an unlimited hanging and dunking while your kid still plays the game.
Another important element of this system is the 2 feet overhang to prevent the fear of crashing into the rim along with the hoop. In other words, it is a great way to install a professional set up in your backyard or driveway that will last for years to come!
- Weatherproof and rust-resistant
- Ground sleeve
- U-Turn lift
- Detachable handle
- Breakaway rim
- A frame of steel board along with aluminum trims
- 2-inch offset
- Tempered glass backboard
- The backboard is 54 inches wide and 32 inches deep
Factors to Consider When Purchasing an In-Ground Basketball Hoop:
Some people lose hundreds of money while buying a basketball hoop, which is not suitable for their home or children. To ensure that you do not make the same mistakes, we are here to share some of the most vital factors that should be considered before purchasing an in-ground basketball hoop. Let us check out those aspects quickly below.
- Different types of Backboard Materials
There are a total of three varieties of materials with which the backboard of basketball hoops are made of. They are as follows.
- Polycarbonate: The main advantage of using polycarbonate is the durability factor. If your house is in an area where hurricanes and storms are frequent due to which the basketball hoops can tip over, then the best choice will be to opt for the backboard made up of polycarbonate material. However, the polycarbonate backboards lack rebounds and can also turn yellowish with time.
- Tempered Glass: Tempered glass has been considered as the number one material for backboards in the in-ground basketball hoop reviews by the customers. It offers high-quality rebounds, stylish design, and enhanced visibility. But it is not as durable as the polycarbonate materials as it once the basketball system tips over, it will be shattered to pieces.
They have an average rebound than the polycarbonate ones but less than the tempered glass.
Most of the basketball hoops are fitted with breakaway rims, which help you to dunk without any tension or worry of injuring yourself. Premium quality rims also allow the user to hang on them after the slam dunk. Some high-end basketball hoops also come with a protective casing to prevent the spring from damage or rust.
- Supporting pole
There are three types of pole designs, which are one, two, or three pieces. Three price poles are generally flimsy, while two pieces offer more support. One-piece poles provide supreme firmness among these three. The thickness also contributes to the factor of how strong the pole is. Keep in mind that thicker the pole is, more robust will be the base of the hoop.
- Settings for Height Adjustment
Almost all of the models of the in-ground basketball hoops include settings for adjusting the height of the rim that will allow the user to lower or raise the rim according to their requirements. Always ensure that the mechanism of the adjustment is effortless and simple.
- Size of the Backboard
The size of the backboard ranges anywhere from 44 to 72 inches in size. 55 or 44 inches are the best options for the small driveways, while 60 inches will fit perfectly in a medium driveway.
- The padding of the Backboard and Poles
Backboard padding is important if you specialize in a lot of slam dunks. Padding will prevent any injuries to your wrists while you will be concentrating more on the game. Padded poles are also necessary for the aggressive players to protect them from any accidents if they run into the pole while dribbling.
You should choose a basketball hoop with an overhang ratio that should not be hard to use. The height of the player should determine the overhang of the basket hoop that is to be cemented in your driveway.
Safety Tips to Keep in Mind While getting in Ground Basketball Hoop
The following safety tips need to be kept in mind while setting up an in-ground basketball hoop:
- 16-inch diameter and a 4 feet deep hole need to be dug up for the footing. Just keep in mind that the hole needs to be the exact size of the footing of the hoop, otherwise it may be loosened or fall off during extreme weather conditions.
- Next, the hole has to be filled with cement. The rebar should also be embedded in the concrete.
- When the concrete is in its place, the mounting plate needs to be installed. The mounting plate should always be square and level to the playing surface.
- The posts should be on top of the padded sawhorses so that the upper support arms are angled and can be mounted.
- The leveling nuts should be adjusted perfectly to get the settings perfect.
- The backboard is the heaviest part of the in-ground adjustable basketball hoops and may require up to 5 people to set it up.
Best In-Ground Basketball Hoops [FAQ’s]
The average standard diameter of a basketball rim is nearly 18 inches.
The ideal size for the backboard that is considered in the NBA basketball games is 42 inches tall and 72 inches wide.
You have to install the hoop on top of the pole. Dig a space and set up the pole permanently with cement or concrete. The hole dug should be deep to carry the hoop and the pole comfortably.
Now that you have in front of you all the best in-ground basketball hoops and the factors to consider before buying them, we hope you will have an easier time buying one that fits your match. Picking in-ground basketball hoops is always a wiser decision when your requirement sums up durability, stability, and security.
Also, since all of them are so good and high in demand at the moment, we advise you to click on ‘Buy now on Amazon’ as soon as you find your match because they can go out of stock really quickly.